Drive customer engagement with 'Google my Business'
20 April, 2021 |
‘Google My Business’ is one of the best tools for making your business standout and helps your business reach a new audience’s attention. By filling in the key information on your ‘Google My Business’ panel, it will help improve search visibility and accurately display all your businesses information in the most effective and streamlined way.
It's a free and easy-to-use tool that will give your business a presence across Google (including Search & Maps) and will take you less than 30 minutes to set up!
Below are 7 key features of ‘Google My Business’:
1. It allows you to add your business name, location, work hours, category and much more for people to get to know your business at a quick glance.
2. A photo says a thousand words which is why it’s super important to give your business listing a face - add a profile photo and cover photo. Ideally it should be your business logo or a recognisable feature of your business. You want to give off a great first impression so make sure the photos represent your business well! Business listings with photos are 2x as likely to be considered reputable and get 35% more clicks.
3. You can monitor and respond to customer reviews in real-time which is very important for supporting your marketing efforts and helps build and maintain customer loyalty.
4. Location, location, location! List where your business is located as this is how people can see where you’re based and easily get directions via Google Maps.
5. Is my listing working? ‘Google My Business’ lets you track how customers search for your business, the actions they take on your business listing and many more key insights that are beneficial for your business!
6. Verify your business! In order to properly optimise your Business profile, you need access to it, and in order to access it, you need to verify with Google that you are the rightful owner. It’s super easy to do just click ‘verify by phone’ to have the code sent to your phone.
7. There’s an app! ‘Google My Business‘ is available for both Android and Apple users making it super easy for small business owners to view and edit their listing. You can update it while out on a walk or from the comfort of your couch.
Ready to make your local business drive customer engagement? Get started NOW by going to google.com/business and select “Manage Now” in the top right-hand corner of the page. Follow the steps and give your business listing the stand out it deserves!
Need some help? Send us a message and we’ll arrange a time to chat through it!