Make your local business shine online
16 April, 2020 |
All going to plan, today officially marks the final week of the nationwide lock down! It’s great to see the curve start to flatten thanks to Kiwi’s staying at home and abiding by the isolation rules. That said, we still have at least one week left inside our isolation bubbles and the luxury of time! So if you’re a local business owner, listen up!
Now is the time to optimise and review your ‘Google My Business’ page. By filling in the key information on your ‘Google My Business’ page, you are helping Google list your business in the best way possible online! It will help improve search visibility and accurately display all your businesses key information. It is a free and easy-to-use tool that will give your business a presence across Google (including Search & Maps) and will take you less than 30 minutes to set up!
Below are 7 features of ‘Google My Business’:
- It allows you to add your business name, location, work hours, category and much more for people to get to know your business at a quick glance.
- A photo says a thousand words which is why it’s super important to give your business listing a face - add a profile photo and cover photo. Ideally it should be your business logo or a recognisable feature of your business. You want to give off a great first impression so make sure the photo represents your business well!
- If your business is affected by COVID-19, ‘Google My Business’ lets you provide the most accurate information to your customers. You can provide updates such as:
- Your updated hours of operation.
- If your business services are experiencing delays.
- Extra services you are providing for the community.
- Mark your business “Temporarily closed” on Google.
- The updates will show on your Business Profile on Google Search and Maps.
- You can monitor and respond to customer reviews in real-time which is very important for supporting your marketing efforts and helps build and maintain customer loyalty.
- Location, location, location! List where your business is located as this is how people can see where you’re based and easily get directions via Google Maps.
- Is my listing working? ‘Google My Business’ lets you track how customers search for your business, the actions they take on your business listing and many more key insights that are beneficial for your business!
- There’s an app! ‘Google My Business‘ is available for both Android and Apple users making it super easy for small business owners to view and edit their listing. You can update it while out on a walk or from the comfort of your couch during the lock down!
Ready to make your local business shine online now? Get started by going to google.com/business and select “Manage Now” in the top right-hand corner of the page. Follow the easy-to-navigate steps and give your business listing the stand out it deserves!
Need some help? Send us a message and we’ll arrange a virtual training with step-by-step instructions on how to set up your business listing.